Thursday, August 19, 2010

CHART Metalworks

I have a major crush on CHART Metalworks. I recently purchased a pair of cuff links from them as a gift and they were a hug hit! The company was started by Portland, ME resident Charlotte who had the brilliant idea to embed charts in resin. Like lockets are used to store special memories, these pieces allow you to showcase the places that are special to you. Once you choose your product - anything from cuff links, necklaces, key chains, zipper pulls, earrings to charms - you let Charlotte know what area/location you are interested in (Note: it must be located on a body of water). You can even send them an image of your own and they will duplicate it. CHART Metalworks will then send you a proof to approve. I received a couple of different nautical chart options to choose from as well as Charlotte's suggestion for what would look best. CHART Metalworks casts in either bronze or sterling silver. They print your point of interest onto a special paper which is then cropped and embedded into the piece. Resin is poured over the piece and takes 24 hours to dry. Once dry it almost looks like glass, but is much lighter in weigh. Within a few days your piece will be delivered to you and you will have your new favorite piece of jewelry in your hands! 




My personal fave (although I am obviously biased) are my Casco Bay, ME cuff links:



3 comments:

  1. I got a ton of compliments on these cuff links, very personal and its nice to have a little story attached to you all night. Also, I grew up near a Spar Cove and judging by the depth of water I believe this may be the same Spar Cove. The picture on the bottom is a picture of my actual cuff links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the post and spreading the word about our pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k