Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Are you a Matchbook Girl?

Matchbook Mag debuted their sophomore issue last night and I am readily identifying with the list of traits that describe the matchbook girl. Particularly "considers picnicking an outdoor sport" (although one I love)...


I am thrilled to see that one of my favorite fashion designers, Chris Benz, graces the cover this month...

After winning the CFDA/Emerging Designer Award upon graduation, Chris went on to start his own line at only 24 years old. I personally love his use of color and play on "sportswear."

I was very pleased to learn that Chris is one of the few designers who still manufactures his clothes locally in the garment district.

Almost all of the items in his apartment were purchased on eBay! I could use a serious eBay tutorial for him...

A few of my favorite Chris Benz Spring '11 looks:






*All images from Chris-Benz.com

For must-have reads, a travel guide to Berlin, preppy classics, interviews with wonderfully talented creative minds, and much more check out issue 2 of Matchbook Mag. This new online launch shows no signs of slowing down! 

And to purchase any Chris Benz pieces check out Shopbop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k