Monday, February 7, 2011

Apartment Living: Joe Nye

I was thrilled to stumble upon an old House Beautiful feature of  interior designer Joe Nye's Los Angeles apartment. At only 900 square feet it is a true study in how to make the most of your space!  While it is obviously impeccably decorated it also exudes comfort and warmth and as Mr. Nye fully admits it is jam packed - no room is left lacking...



 "I was worried about living in such a small place. But I found out it's freeing! I decided to practice the decorating philosophy that I preach to my clients: Live the way you live for 350 days a year. The other 15 are aberrations." (Joe Nye as told to House Beautiful).




"I love stuff. I want to come home to more. Being around a lot feels good to me." 





"This is done to the nines. I recently contemplated doing my bedroom ceiling with raffia wallpaper, but my friends all told me to "Stop decorating!"

To read the entire interview online click here (I highly suggest it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k