Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving on Up!

I am finally moved in and beginning to feel settled. I have found myself greatly ignoring the advice I constantly give to other people though: "take your time, it's good to live in a place for awhile." Yes, well I cannot seem to control myself. My head is constantly spinning with design ideas and I have to be pried away from the computer so that I don't purchase yet another piece for the place! So, I have decided to take a break (a short one!) from the decorating to share my progress on the living room. I do hope you like it, it already feels very much like home to me...

The first night after the move...

Our new coffee table is delivered!

A little more organizing and propping...

The tree outside our living room windows makes me feel like I have a bit of a respite from the city... My prize flea market find (aka Bessie the elephant) looks right at home too!

 So there still is a ton of work to do - paint on the walls, new side tables, new lamps, window treatments and down the road I plan to reupholster the two benches - (yikes, here I go again!).  I will say that I truly love this room. It is in one word: cozy. 

I will leave it there for now - more apartment updates to come next week!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love those benches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can I come over and check it out? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. TENS Unit
    I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Congrats on the new place - looks marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all of the sweet comments! I can't wait to have you all visit!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k