Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Summer dreaming

The weather in New York is still being a tad fickle, but the forecast shows that by next week we are going to slide into the 70's for good. I am already counting down the days until we can escape the city on the summer weekends. I  could not picture a more perfect home for the summer than the below Lake Michigan house designed by Martin Horner and featured in House Beautiful. It was this picture of the kitchen that originally stopped me in my tracks...


Oh, Hello view!


Cooking at home has really never sounded better...


That chandelier is major and also shows how important light bulb selection can be - a basic candelabra bulb would not make this piece pop. These feel like little buoys! 


I love the eclectic feel versus the expected "beachy" decor. There is an amazing attention to detail from the tile surround on the fireplace to the trellis screens that divide the living room and dining room....


Just a few more water views...no big deal.


If I could only own one rug I am pretty sure this one would suffice.


The perfect mix of patterns and multi-blue hues in the master bedroom. 


A custom fireplace built high enough so that you can see the fire while laying in bed...naturally. 


A detail shot from the powder room - I must use this wallpaper somewhere soon! 


A shot of the exterior of the home as featured on HouseBeautiful.com. The interiors may be a lot for some people, but the layering really exudes a coziness that translates perfectly into a vacation home for me. Summer cannot come soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k